Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hows the view from the top George Will?

http://townhall.com/columnists/GeorgeWill/2009/04/16/forever_in_blue_jeans

Conservative commentator George Will looks down on Americans in general. Well already I have problems with this guy. First of all, he's conservative, synonomous with regressive policy, repression, etc. The same people that thought blacks, women and Native Americans were inferior to white men. But I won't say that about him. That's how I, as well as my brothers, are different. George, the commentator, the co-signer, Mr. 2 cents, believes wearing blue jeans is for kids... as well as animation and video games. Well, one would guess he hasn't considered anything outside of his world of suits and lattes.

On the contrary, his beef with denim isn't railed against all adults, only wealthy adults. I totally agree with George on this, I'm sick of rich people prancing around wearing affordable clothes! They should be wearing top of the line fasion all the time! Well, I only think so because it makes it easier to decide who to mugg in the streets.

Video games came home in the 80's, and there they have carved a comfortable nook in family life. For me, they filled the time I couldn't spend outside, with my working parents, or mutilating kittens. Outside of my life I could say for sure its brought people together under a common flag. Sure, we all cringe at the thought of WOW and EVE geeks, but... wait, that shit is a collosal waste of time. But what you do for leisure is what YOU WANT TO DO. The industry agrees, that why its worth billions. Billions of dollars changing hands, new technology being developed, new software, and new manufacturing techniques, are invaluable elements not limited to the gaming culture.

Animation evolved similarly. Animation can tell stories that would otherwise be impossible to tell. Pictures have been used as aids for thousands of years. And if you don't like King of the Hill, Xbox, or denim, then you probably wouldn't be welcome on my block. So, George Will, go fuck yourself.

(And FYI, GQ Magazine endorses denim!)

No comments:

Post a Comment